Become Part of Open Research Africa
Open Research Africa is an open research publication Platform for African researchers to publish their findings. Our mission is to share quality research from Africa with the world and enable rapid sharing, discovery, use and reuse of African research to the benefit of all.
Scroll down to learn more and complete the form to find out how you can partner with Open Research Africa.
Working with the Science for Africa Foundation and building on the success of AAS Open Research, Open Research Africa aims to:
- Publish high quality open access research that accelerates new knowledge and discoveries
- Maximize the potential for the use, reuse, and impact of research
- Enable the publication of a wide variety of research outputs
- Support researchers through every stage of their career
- Reduce research waste and deliver return on investment for research partners
- Provide global reach and influence; ensuring research is discoverable to maximise reach
In partnership with the SFA Foundation, Open Research Africa will build on F1000’s successful partnership with the African Academy of Sciences and AESA.
Open Research Africa will launch in early 2022.
The Platform will offer researchers a fully open access publication process and will utilize the innovative F1000 model. Specifically it will include:
- Rapid publication of articles
- Invited transparent peer review
- A variety of different article types that can be published
- Open data, supporting FAIR principles
- Article versioning
- Article indexing in Google Scholar, PubMed Central and Scopus
- Research dissemination support
- Content curation to support research organisations and priority thematic areas
- Training resources and events in publishing and open research
Our Publishing Process
Open Research Africa will follow the F1000 process from article submission to publication.
Science for Africa Foundation
Open Research Africa is being launched in partnership with Science For Africa (SFA) Foundation. An evolution of the AESA funding programs, the SFA Foundation is a pan-African, non-profit organisation that supports, strengthens, and promotes science and innovation in Africa.
World Continuing Education Alliance (WCEA)
WCEA is a social impact technology company and the leading provider of free accredited Continuing Professional Development for healthcare professionals in Africa. Their goal is to empower providers to deliver better patient care and impact health outcomes by improving access to quality evidence based education.
Become a Platform partner
We want to engage with partners throughout Africa to bring to life our mission for Open Research Africa.
We can provide a Gateway or content hub for research centers or organizations publishing or funding research within Africa. This will allow you to:
- Maximize visibility, reach and potential impact of research outputs
- Create a branded hub to reflect your organization
- Comply with funder open access mandates
- Enhance recognition and support your researchers career development
- Economically publish your research
- Publishing and peer reviewing skills training and support provided
Complete this form to learn more about partnering with us
Learn more about sponsoring our platform
We are looking for sponsors that strategically align with our mission and will help us to grow and develop Open Research Africa. Our long-term vision is to enable as many African researchers as possible to publish on the platform without author-facing article processing charges (APCs). You can request more information and enquire about supporting authors to publish on Open Research Africa by emailing the F1000 Partnerships team.
F1000 offers a range of publishing solutions for academic institutions and research organizations to provide their researchers with avenues for rapid and transparent open publication. We partner with institutions to share a set of common goals: to remove unnecessary barriers and delays that their researchers face when sharing their research findings, and to ensure rapid and easy access to accelerate the use and potential impact of that research. Find out more on f1000.com