More about Materials Open Research
Taylor & Francis and F1000 Research have recently launched an exciting new Materials Open Research publishing platform, in partnership with The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
As well as research articles, Materials Open Research features a variety of article types including method articles, study protocols, software tools, systematic reviews, data notes, brief reports, and opinion articles. The platform will also provide the option to publish non-peer reviewed materials including technical reports, training materials, posters and slides.
Join Jack Brook (Publishing Executive, F1000 Research) and Juliet Harrison (Content Acquisition Manager, F1000 Research) to learn more about submitting to the platform, and opportunities for collaboration through the launch of a themed collection.
F1000's open research toolkit
Open access publishing solutions for institutions and funders
F1000, part of Taylor and Francis Group, is a digital publishing solutions provider. We offer a range of products for institution's to provide their researchers with rapid, transparent, and open access publication.
Get your open research toolkit today
Is your institution ready?
While the COVID-19 pandemic has transformed the way we live and work, it also has given rise to rapid technological advances and innovations necessary to help us thrive at the height of the information age.
To support research institutions navigating the fast-evolving future of academic publishing to support their faculty and researchers, F1000 has compiled an open research toolkit tailored to research institution's.
In our toolkit you will find:
- The Future is Open: Evolution of Scholarly Research in the Information Age whitepaper that explores current trends and opportunities in open research and scholarly publishing
- F1000: Open access publishing solutions for institutions and funders
- Elixir case study: Collaborating with a publishing partner
We co-create our partnerships to align with your institutional goals. This may include:
- Collections - A compilation of research articles grouped together on F1000Research. They aim to comprehensively cover a topic or research question of interest.
- Gateways - A branded hub for peer-reviewed and non-peer reviewed articles and outputs all in one place.
- Platforms - A branded publication platform powered by F1000’s infrastructure and advanced editorial services.
- Open Plus Books - A open access book that is published as a fusion of the open access books model and F1000’s open research publishing model.
- Institutional partnerships - An agreement for APC prepayment or a pay-as-you-go option.